Today, large industries have adapted Marketplace technologies to escalate their businesses exponentially. Even though, Marketplace technology entered this period recently and mounting its users rapidly. However, more and more corporates and eCommerce platforms use marketplace software rather than hiring technical developers.
These platforms help the online merchants transform their eCommerce stores into proficient marketplaces and allow them to flaunt separate brands within one place. Nonetheless, many have occupied fair returns to these platforms astoundingly. On the other hand, the top marketplace platform such as Shopify imposed trivial businesses to bulky enterprises.
Before proceeding further, let us have a clear picture of Marketplace software. It is also known as Multi-Vendor Marketplace. It allows users to build and manage digital storefronts and grants multi vendors to host products and list services. Besides, its tools simplify and streamline the entire process. Thus, marketplace software/multi-Vendor software facilitates the creation, hosting, and managing of the online marketplace.
This article is tied up in giving you a brief disclosure about the top 5 eCommerce platforms that use the multi-vendor marketplace.
1 – Shopify
Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform – globally used for transforming stores into a multi-seller marketplace. Besides, it’s simple to use and can help non-technical merchants to use this platform.
- Published APIs for you to customize your desired interface.
- No coding skills are required.
- Being a beginner can really be a drawback. But with this platform, you can start your online venture with a minimum investment.
- Many Hires developers to build them an eCommerce website. With Shopify, you can do it yourself by adding the codes to your online store.
- It uses leading technologies – cloud-based, which is hosted on the web, to guarantee its online presence and function effectively. So once you make your store via Shopify, do not worry about it anymore; it’ll work effectively on the internet. Also, you don’t need to upgrade the software or carry out maintenance because Shopify does that for you.
- Shopify allows you to use your own domain name. That will give your online store a very esteemed look.
- A drag and drop builder option to design the front-end of the website quickly.
- It ensures customer support 24/7.
- Easy to use
- It has many templates.
Shopify Marketplace Extension
Shopify will unquestionably profit the users of eCommerce store holders if they are looking to convert eCommerce store to a multi-vendor marketplace in the future, even though the multi-vendor extension option can come into use for appending limitless vendors and products.
Moreover, Shopify’s platform is manageable and delivers the users with a different level of technical experience. Given that many developers can upload their plugins. Nevertheless, the user can utilize many of these plugins at no cost. On the other hand, while purchasing such plugins, the users may eventually come across slight technical support.
2 – Magento
Magento is too – one of the prevalent eCommerce platforms that many merchants have used to initiate their marketplaces. Magento is highly scalable and overloaded with features that could perhaps deliver your needs. However, it may slightly enforce some intricacy to use. Hence, it needs some basic technical knowledge.
- It is open source. Provided that you can access the Magento source code can change it as per your needs.
- Allows you to pick any hosting company for your online business.
- It constantly sends users new updates and new patches.
- Many customizable CSS options are available.
- Robust Security.
- Allows you to make changes anytime to your online store.
Magento Marketplace Extension
Likewise, numerous vendors can register to itemize their products by using the multi-vendor marketplace extension. The multi-vendor marketplace extension changes an eCommerce store into a multi-vendor marketplace. Therefore, Magento with a marketplace could be suitable if you plan to have a simple eCommerce store first, then convert it into a marketplace.
Bear in mind; there are specific plugins available in Magento created by some agencies. If you intend to adapt these plugins, then you may need a developer’s help.
3 – WooCommerce
It’s a broadly used plugin that helps run large and small-sized businesses. WooCommerce is a Plugin by WordPress that allows you to customize the design of your store easily. Moreover, it lets you sell products any way you prefer.
- It is free as well as paid. The paid version has slightly increased features involved.
- Moreover, it can exploit stunning functions and features of WordPress proficiently.
- It comprises a lot of themes to design that you can use to hone your store.
- WooCommerce allows creating an online store effective immediately.
WooCommerce Marketplace Extension
As it came across your observations that developing a marketplace needs tons of customizations. In the same way, WooCommerce can offer you nothing less than that. So if you need to transform your store into an e-marketplace, WooCommerce has got you covered. To make that happen, you can use a multi-vendor marketplace extension.
4 – Bagisto
When you need an Open-Source eCommerce Framework, then Bagisto can be your rational choice. Bagisto is built on top of the Laravel stack. You can get unlimited functionalities with this incomparable platform. The functionalities conspire to crack almost every riddle of yours correlated to a multi-vendor marketplace. Additionally, various developers dig into this platform and use its source code to implement and implant their own version of the code straightaway. Since it is totally code-driven, you may need a developer to help you build an excellent e-Commerce platform with a sleek design.
- Access Control Level
- Payment Integration
- Totally Code Driven
- Manage Multi-Channel inventories
Bagisto Marketplace Extension
You come across its various features when you take a deep notice of Bagisto. Of course, Bagisto plays a game-changing platform here, offering overloaded solutions to its users. But, like the other platforms discussed above, it also blesses you with its multi-vendor marketplace extension.
5 – OpenCart
This platform is an Open-source and PHP-based system—all in place to help scale and run your online business efficiently. You can create an online store in the simplest way possible using its incorporated features. Furthermore, it ensures profitability and also helps you inflate your online store with its all-packed features extensions.
- Product Management
- Order Management
- All Payment / Shipping Method support
- Multi Theme Template Support
- Commission Management
- Seller Category Restriction
- Order Management
- Seller Review Fields
OpenCart Marketplace Extension
If you are all set to convert your store into a multi-functional marketplace, OpenCart lets you do so using its multi-vendor marketplace extension. You can use powerful store management tools provided by OpenCart – to run an e-marketplace competently. When you need to accelerate your online e-marketplace sales performance, this platform can help you exceptionally in this regard straightaway.
To sum up, these top marketplace platforms can help you scale your business promptly and assist you in raising your sales performance. Although you can find it very intriguing to know that there are online aids available to help you initiate and put into effect something newfangled. Today, these online eCommerce stores and online Multi-Vendor Marketplaces can prove to be a big help for small business owners and entrepreneurs by taking their businesses up a notch.
Also See Online Education