Every year, the market is flooded with a number of gaming apps. Mobile game apps seem to perform better compared to other apps in the play store and app store.One game that topped the charts with the most number of downloads and huge profits is Candy Crush. With its initial release in 2012, the app garnered over 93 million audience by 2014, generating a revenue of over $493 million in a period of three months.
Even after 9 years of its release, the game is still a hit among many players, being the highest-grossing and most played game. With the gaming market reaching new avenues with every passing year and the success of games like Candy crush, many individuals want to try their luck in this field. Almost everyone wants to build a game like candy crush. But, is it really worth it to invest in developing an app from scratch, when you have cheaper options at your disposal? You always have an option to use clone scripts of the original app. Check over here for best candy crush clone.
What is the game Candy Crush Saga?
Candy crush is a very addictive puzzle game with never ending levels and surprises. The game is cherished all over the world by billions of players. The game is simple, understandable and easy to play by people from all ages. In the game, the player just has to make a sweet match of 3 candies by swiping. As the game progresses, the difficulty level of the game increases along with the addition of many sweet surprises in the form of boosters. The top notch visulas, sound effects and the graphis of the game keep the players glued, wanting them to have more of it. In addition to this, the game has a number of tournaments running every week, where the players compete with each other to get the highest number of points and win sweet treats.Twitch 2000 Network Error
How much would it cost to develop and market a game like Candy Crush?
An app like candy crush might look simple to be replicated. But the game put many developers into thinking on how to develop an app like candy crush. Most of the developers have succeeded in creating a candy crush clone script. With the enormous amount the app generates, building an app from scratch might prove to be a costly affair. The developmental costs of the app completely depends on the purpose and features you are aiming for on the app. So, let us take a look at the factors that add up to the development cost of the app.
Factors that add up to the development costs of the app
The game integrates the players accounts with their social media accounts and utilises this feature in building an online life within the app.
● Graphics of the game– As mentioned earlier, the game exhibits top-notch graphics. The game has endless levels, with new sweet challenges in every level. These challenges come in the form of layers of cream or jams, gummies, bubble gums, chocolate blocks etc. Keeping these aside, even the most simple levels have at least 5 different candies. So, if you are aiming to develop a game like candy crush, you need to develop not less than 5 distinct game artefacts, which require to be vivified. The game grid requires working on at least 30 schemes. All of these aspects, with added animations, make it an excess of about two thousand pictures for creating a single field. Let us dig a bit deeper into the overall gaming graphics.
○ Game field- The gaming field alone includes approximately nine thousand animated objects, which includes the level foundations, rewards, etc. It is these rewards or sweet boosters that charm the player into playing more.
○ Map- The game has a map showing the numerous levels in the game. The map itself needs 450 diversified animations with different backgrounds.
○ Game screen and game dashboard- The game dashboard with the game settings is made up of over 60 animated controls.
○ In addition to all these features, you also need to take care of molecule impact to improve the movement illustrations that support all the in-game activities.
● SoundTrack- The sound track of the game compliments well with the graphics, enhancing overall experience to the players. We can safely say that there is no game without soundtracks. If you are developing a candy crush clone, you need to make sure that you develop at least a minimum of three different soundtracks for game field, menu and for the game.
● User interface- For any app to be a hit amongst the audience, it needs to have a good user interface that makes the users have a good time on the app. Making a complicated design will leave your users confused and discourage them from using the app. So, you need to aim at providing an excellent user experience in your application, making it engaging for the users.
Depending on the features you want in your app, the development of an app like candy crush will cost you somewhere around $45-50 million. However, these costs tend to vary depending on the location your developers are working from. Check over here for best candy crush clone.
Marketing the app
Having an app with unique features doesn’t make it successful. You need to invest a good amount of your time in researching and understanding the market to come up with a fool-proof marketing strategy. All the hard work that went into the making of your app will go in vain if you come up with a poor marketing strategy.
In your marketing strategy, you need to make people understand what differs your app from an already-existing, successfully-running app. Make use of social media platforms to advertise your app. It might look like you are spending more on advertising your app. But, all of this is necessary to make it popular and garner an audience. It is with popularity that you earn money and fame. So, come up with a robust marketing plan and advertise your app wisely.
Leave a Reply